Friday, September 26, 2008

New Schedule

So I have been at the new job for 3 weeks now and everything is going great. With this new job comes a new schedule though, and I'm finding it a bit hard to get used to... in a good way! I now work Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays... which means I have Sundays, Mondays, and Fridays off! Three days off a week! It's amazing how an extra day off can make you feel. So far, I feel more rested, I'm getting more done, I'm not rushing through things. Its a great feeling. I did all my shopping this past Monday in half the time because there was no one in the stores!

Now some people wouldn't like working on Saturdays, but Saturdays at my new job are SO busy that the time just flies and before I know it, it's 4 pm and I only have an hour left! And I still have a weekend, its just Sunday and Monday instead of the traditional Saturday and Sunday. A usually works on Saturdays too so it really just works out for us.

So overall, I'm feeling better, I'm smiling more, laughing more, and living my life again the way I want to live it. I got out of a very toxic environment and I feel like a better person for having survived it. I still have a long way to go with my overall health, but I've taken a giant leap forward, and it feels great.

3 comments:

RG said...

I saw this on a billboard on the way home the other day.

Good sailors didn't learn on a calm sea.

Anonymous said...

Dear Erin,
This is God. I'm so glad you're feeling better about everything...GOD you were such a bitch before and now you're a little nicer.
Seriously....without saying to much, Brian/Steve and I care about you very much and are very glad to see what you wrote. Hugs and kisses and all that shit....Sinbad's anyone? huh? HUH? :)

Anonymous said...

I'd love an extra day off from work too :D Sounds like you've got a great job, good to hear that everything's working out so well!