Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Dear husband,

This post is late, just like everything I do lately seems to be late. But don't let the lateness of it deter you from my message. Which is to say that after two years, I can honestly say I love you more now than I did the day I married you. You know and I know that the past six months haven't been easy for me. Depression is a hard thing to live with when you're going through it, but it is even harder to watch someone you love go through it. You have been my rock during these months. My unmoving, unwavering rock. The support I so desperately crave. My source of inspiration to get out of bed in the morning. My motivation to keep moving, to keep trying. You have never given up on me and more importantly, you have never let me give up on myself, which is exactly what I wanted to do more than anything.

I can see the light at the other side of my tunnel now, but I'm still not all the way through and some days the light is dimmer than others. But when I need it, you give me a flashlight and point me in the right direction. And for that, I will always be grateful.

Love,

your wife

No comments: