Friday, February 11, 2011

Patch

I took Patch to the vet today, poor little guy. He hasn't been eating much and wasn't acting right. Turns out he has an inner ear infection. His head is tilting and when the vet put him on his back then put him back on his feet, he had a lot of trouble keeping his balance and kept falling over. It was a little scary to watch, but she said with a week or two of antibiotics, he'll be as good as new. He's home now and I'll be keeping an eye on him and trying to get him eat so I don't have to force feed him. Pumpkin went with us for moral support and got a check up while we were there and she seems fine. The vet said if she was going to catch whatever Patch has she would have caught it by now so I think she'll be fine. We're going back to the vet next week to make sure. Keep your fingers crossed that the antibiotics work quick!

6 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Poor Patch! Take your medicine, bunny!

RG said...

Oh dear, we are. Hope that is the problem and that you caught it good and it gets fixed!

The Bunns got all toes and etc. crossed guys!

Lisa said...

Feel better soon Patch! Glad you caught it quickly.

RoadBunner said...

I hope Patch feels 100% very soon! Happy Valentine's Day.

Pepper said...

Got my fingers crossed for you. Lucky the rabbit has such a caring owner.

Roni said...

Infection can be acquired in dirty shelter so for my bunnies as much as possible I always clean their rabbit hutches and watch out for the food I gave them... Just lately i decided to turn organic for their fresh fruits and vegetables.