Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Life goes on...

Life has been busy the past couple of weeks. We went to Chicago and back for a wonderful, joy filled wedding weekend, full of amazing friends who feel more like family. Andy and I both work at colleges, so the lull of easy summer work is coming to an end as we prepare for the return of students at the end of this month. And of course, being a slave to two rabbits and one dog keeps you busy too:)

We met some kittens last night that stole our hearts away. They will be joining the family tomorrow evening, and I can already tell they will be up to some serious mischief soon after they settle in. We still miss Chloe terribly. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her. I still find myself looking for her in the house, and when I remember she's gone, it still hurts. But as they say, life goes on, and I can think of no better way to honor her memory than to adopt again.

3 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Yay for the new kitties, finding a great home! I agree that the best way we can honor our friends is to help others like them. Love is a renewable resource - there's always enough, so loving new kitties doesn't mean you love Chloe any less.

Lisa said...

Awww congratulations!!! and Get ready for those little rascals to turn your life upside down!

The Bunns said...

Hey! I bet you STILL have room for one more kitty! Huh??? Huh???