Friday, June 25, 2010

My Garden

I decided to try a vegetable garden this year. I've never done it before and I've killed pretty much every house plant I've ever owned, but hey! might as well try, right??

Andy put in a small raised garden bed with a little fence to keep Henry out.



I got this a book called Grow Great Grub and it had instructions on how to grow tomatoes upside down using a bucket, so I tried it.



I'm already getting a few little cherry tomatoes!



There are some plum and regular tomatoes in pots along with some lettuce and lots of herbs.



I'm also growing cucumbers, squash, eggplant and peppers, all organically.



Andy also build these beautiful planters/bench combos for our back patio and I planted lots of colorful flowers in them.



Oh yeah, and he also put in that fence! So far, we're having a great summer!

4 comments:

Hef's Mom said...

Looks great!! It's so exciting to see things grow!

RG said...

Wow!!! Good Growing!

Patio party!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've heard about those tomatoes out the bottom - now I see how they work. A red tomato - jealousy rages - our plants are barely blooming!

Anonymous said...

looks good! what type of flowers are in the last picture (the striped ones)?

RoadBunner said...

Wow! You have a great green thumb!